Add Likely Subtags first step (fwd)

Caoimhin O Donnaile caoimhin at smo.uhi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 12:23:07 CET 2015

Regarding the comment field for cel-gaulish, I forwarded a couple of
messages from the discussion to an expert, David Stifter at the University
of Maynooth.  While previously at the University of Vienna he was in
responsible for setting up the Lepontic database,
   http://www.univie.ac.at/lexlep/wiki/Lepontic
I enclose his reply below.

I also now see what he wrote in the proposal (accepted) for a ISO 639-3
language code (pgl) for Primitive Irish:
   http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/2010-009_pgl.pdf
namely:
  “Old Irish (sga) is the immediate successor.  Its more distant relatives
   are the contempraneous Old British language (no language code) and
   ancient Gaulish (xtg, xcg, xga, nrc).  Further removed are Lepontic
   (xlp) and Celtiberian (xce).”

So it looks as if the comment field should either be left blank as John
recommended, or else it should say:
   see xtg, xcg, xga
or perhaps:
   see xtg, xcg, xga, nrc