Add Likely Subtags first step

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Sat Jan 24 18:22:26 CET 2015

I would be very much in favor of deprecating all of the grandfathered
codes, and if supplying preferred values.

BCP47 says the following. Unfortunately, we used the "extended language
range" instead of a language priority list, which would have made it easy.
So that means we have to list the alternatives in a comment instead of
having them be machine readable:

The field-body of the 'Preferred-Value' for grandfathered and
redundant tags is an "extended language range" [RFC4647
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4647>] and
might consist of more than one subtag.

​Of these grandfathered codes, then, the following have not been
deprecated. I suggest that we deprecate each of them, and supply
alternatives where possible (in the description, and for zh-min). The
preferred value for en-GB-oed could use a new variant tag ("oxford"). The
preferred value for i-default could be "und".

cel-gaulishen-GB-oedi-defaulti-enochiani-mingo

​