registration requests re Portuguese

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Fri Apr 10 20:44:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

I don't know how this happened, but abl1943 doesn't make sense with any
prefix other than pt-BR. abl1943 refers to the ortography adopted solely
by Brazil between 1943 and 1971. From that point on the official
language becomes pt-BR-colb1945.

My recommendations for prefixes are either:

abl1943: pt-BR
colb1945: pt
ao1990: pt

Otherwise colb1945 and ao1990 should match (the reasoning being that it
doesn't make sense to have the ao1990 tag without the previous colb1945
tag). Based on Michael's list, it should be:

abl1943: pt-BR
colb1945: pt-BR, pt-CV, pt-PT
ao1990: pt-BR, pt-CV, pt-PT

pt-CV-colb1945 would mark the Portuguese ortography used officially from
the country formation (1975) to the adoption of 1990's "Acordo Ortográfico".

Best regards,
João