No consensus on en-GB-oed replacement?

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Apr 1 15:29:32 CEST 2015

John Cowan wrote:

> I would give that more weight if I thought there were any suitable
> application of it except as a suffix to "en-GB".  It's true that
> if you want to encode some further subtag, you cannot, but is there
> any case for that?

I think it's reasonable that someone might write "trunk" instead of
"boot" and "cookie" instead of "biscuit," and put the comma inside the
quotes as I just did, and commit other American barbarisms, and still
use OED spelling. So I will argue against any attempts to restrict the
Prefix of this variant from "en" to "en-GB".

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸