ISO 639-3 changes: batch 1

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Feb 10 23:52:30 CET 2014

Here is the first batch of changes to the Registry resulting from ISO
639-3 changes.

As in the past, I'm going to send these to the list in batches that
correspond to categories in the ISO "Summary of Outcomes" document, even
though the total number of changes this year is much smaller than in
previous years. These are ordered as in the ISO document, not
alphabetically. This should make it easier to correlate the Registry
changes with ISO's.

This first batch is from the section "Retirements from other-than-normal
split of a language code element." Three code elements were retired as
non-existent and two as duplicates of other code elements. These
correspond to deprecated subtags in the Registry. We don't have to
deprecate 'ggm' for Gugu Mini because we got a tip last year that 'ggm'
was going to be retired anyway, so we never added it in the first place.

I'm no longer including the ISO change request number in the
registration forms. Last year, there was some misunderstanding that
changes to the Registry were supposed to reflect the requests sent to
the RA, instead of the actions actually taken by the RA. You can still
find the change request numbers in the Summary of Outcomes document.

The date "2014-xx-xx" in all of these forms will, of course, be resolved
before submitting them to IANA.

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2014-xx-xx
%%
Type: language
Subtag: mhh
Added: 2009-07-29
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
%%

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: language
Subtag: mhh
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
2014-02-03, retiring the code element 'mhh' for Maskoy Pidgin as
non-existent. No Preferred-Value is indicated.

For more information on the ISO 639-3 change, refer to:
http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2013_Summary.pdf

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2014-xx-xx
%%
Type: language
Subtag: emo
Added: 2009-07-29
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
%%

---

2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: language
Subtag: emo
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
2014-02-03, retiring the code element 'emo' for Emok as non-existent.
No Preferred-Value is indicated.

For more information on the ISO 639-3 change, refer to:
http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2013_Summary.pdf

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2014-xx-xx
%%
Type: language
Subtag: lmm
Added: 2009-07-29
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
Preferred-Value: rmx
%%

---

2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: language
Subtag: lmm
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
Preferred-Value: rmx

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
2014-02-03, retiring the code element 'lmm' for Lamam as a duplicate of
'rmx'.

For more information on the ISO 639-3 change, refer to:
http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2013_Summary.pdf

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2014-xx-xx
%%
Type: language
Subtag: yuu
Added: 2009-07-29
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
Preferred-Value: yug
%%

---

2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: language
Subtag: yuu
Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
Preferred-Value: yug

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
2014-02-03, retiring the code element 'yuu' for Yugh as a duplicate of
'yug'.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­