Registration request for new subtag 'barla'

Mats Blakstad mats.gbproject at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 01:25:18 CET 2013

Here is the new request form. I've removed the sentence about “low
intelligibility”, and also clarified that Barlavento and Sotavento are
dialect groups. I've kept their name as my collaborator suggested,
"Barlavento" and "Sotavento". I also add a new request for the Sotavento
dialect group to get one subtag for each variant.

1. *Name of requester*: Mats Blakstad
2. *E-mail address of requester*: info @ globalbility.org
3. *Record Requested*:

*Type*: variant
*Subtag*: barla
*Description*: The Barlavento dialect group of Kabuverdianu
*Prefix*: kea
*Comments*: The Barlavento macro dialect is one of the two main
dialect groups for
Kabuverdianu, the other being Sotavento.

4. *Intended meaning of the subtag*:
The local variety of Kabuverdianu as spoken on the Barlavento Islands

5. *Reference to published description of the language (book or article)*:
Lewis, M. Paul (ed.), 2009. Ethnologue: Languages of the World, Sixteenth
edition. Dallas, Texas: SIL International.http://www.ethnologue.com/language/kea

1. *Name of requester*: Mats Blakstad
2. *E-mail address of requester*: info @ globalbility.org
3. *Record Requested*:

*Type*: variant
*Subtag*: sotav
*Description*: The Sotavento dialect group of Kabuverdianu
*Prefix*: kea
*Comments*: The Sotavento macro dialect is one of the two main dialect
groups for
Kabuverdianu, the other being Barlavento.

4. *Intended meaning of the subtag*:
The local variety of Kabuverdianu as spoken on the Sotavento Islands