Proposed general model for Serbo-Croatian continuum

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Nov 21 21:43:49 CET 2013

I agree with all of John's suggestions, but want to point out that we
need to make sure the subtags in item #1 are compatible with the subtags
in item #3.

That is, if we register 'ekavsk' for Serbian now, and decide later to
register 'ekavsk' for neo-Shtokavian later, it will of course be the
same subtag with a new Prefix field. If we do that, we have to make sure
the two meanings of 'ekavsk' are similar enough to justify this, as we
did with 'pinyin' for Chinese and Tibetan.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­