New variant subtags for Serbian language

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 09:15:29 CET 2013

On 16 November 2013 02:38, Goran Rakic <grakic at devbase.net> wrote:
> %%
> Type: variant
> Subtag: ekavn
> Prefix: sr
> %%
> Type: variant
> Subtag: ijekavn
> Prefix: sr
> %%

Are there not also Ekavian and Ijekavian (and also Ikavian) variants
of Croatian? (Though I don't know to what extent they are written.)

I wonder whether it might not be better to either omit a language
prefix or to provide for additional prefixes such as "hr", "sh",
and/or "bs", and to modify the description so that it is not
restricted to Serbian only.

Cheers,
Philip
--