[zgh] now listed in ISO 639-2 tables

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Jan 10 19:19:14 CET 2013

Patrick Andries <ɐɔ ʇop ɔb ʇop xɐdɐɥ ʇɐ ʞɔıɹʇɐd> wrote:

> The new [zgh] language code is now listed in the official ISO 639-2
> table.
>
> http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php
>
> and
>
> http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_changes.php

And also in the normative text file, which is important:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ISO-639-2_utf-8.txt

However, it's not yet in the 639-3 data files, or on the 639-3 Web site.
I don't know if 639-3/RA plans to add this code element soon or wait for
the annual change series, which is probably two or more months away.

Per Section 3.4, item 12.D, we do add this new subtag based on its
inclusion in 639-2, even though it's not in 639-3 (although this
scenario was "not supposed to occur in the future," meaning now). I will
post forms shortly.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­