Fourth batch of ISO 639-3 modifications

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 02:03:56 CEST 2013

Hi, once more.
Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sun Aug 18 18:30:22 CEST 2013

> Below is the fourth batch of ISO 639-3-based records and registration
> forms. These are from the category "Updates: Name, Scope, Macrolanguage
> membership, Denotation changes." Almost all of these are either changes
> to the ISO 639-3 Reference Name or addition of alternative names.

Doug -- I saw two change requests not on this list -- change request # 035 was processed in the first batch of changes (simple retirements) but somehow I missed where you retired the code [xia].
If I am not in error, here is a registration form for it.  (I am unsure as to whether to give "Xiando" as the second name/description.)
---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2013-xx-xx
%%
Type: language
Subtag: xia
Added: xxxx-xx-xx
Deprecated: 2013-xx-xx
Preferred-Value:  acn
%%
---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

  Type: language
  Subtag: xia
  Deprecated: 2013-xx-xx
   Preferred-Value: acn

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

   This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
   2013-01-23, merging 'xia' for Xiando into 'acn' for Achang.

   For more information on the ISO 639-3 change, refer to:
   http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2012_Sum&Add.pdf
   http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/2012-008.pdf

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2013-xx-xx
%%
Type: language
Subtag: acn
Added: xxxx-xx-xx
%%
---

2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

   Type: language
   Subtag: acn

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

  This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
   2013-01-23, merging 'xia' for Xiando into 'acn' for Achang.

   For more information on the ISO 639-3 change, refer to:
   http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2012_Sum&Add.pdf
   http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/2012-008.pdf
---
Best,