Private Use Variant Subtag

Gordon P. Hemsley gphemsley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:20:11 CEST 2012

Mark, Phillip,

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for alternatives to variant
tags. I'm well aware of the -x- private use singleton.

What I need is a variant tag that is guaranteed to be unassigned. One
that matches the definition exactly:

 variant       = 5*8alphanum         ; registered variants
               / (DIGIT 3alphanum)

Using -x- does not solve my problem.

Regards,
Gordon