lang ID for "*" (any language)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 22:12:59 CEST 2012

Hi, while there's a difference between "we don't know" and "we don't care," I too would chose "und" in this case or lang="" (this is what Richard Ishida/w3c recommends although Mark Davis/google seems to prefer lang=und to lang="" but maybe I am misreading):

http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-no-language

I think Richard Ishida however prefers leaving such text untagged when possible, and then explicitly tagging nonlinguistics content (such as an equation with Riemann sums as found in math, or computer code or some such).

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead