Early Modern English

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Jan 13 00:01:36 CET 2012

Sean B. Palmer <sean at miscoranda dot com> wrote:

> All you have to do is transliterate "Early Modern" into IANA-ese.
> How many possible transliterations into a subtag or subtags are there?
> The following is the completely enumerated list of all those that make
> sense to me:
> 4. en-earlymod

Let me ask the list a different question:

How many languages L are there, besides English, that have a variety
commonly referred to as "Early Modern L"?  In other words, how much
misappropriation do we really risk by registering something like
'earlymod'?

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­