Early Modern English

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Thu Jan 12 20:15:52 CET 2012

> It is redundant in that its final -e is captured in en-emode.
> 1611kjv or 1623skak [shak?] or 1590spen ?

Choosing such names, in my opinion, just is pointlessly obscure for users
of BCP47, and make-work for this committee. It would be far better to have
understandable names like:

en-middle

Initially have a prefix of 'en' and then have the description be:

For English, the period from YYY to ZZZ
// or whatever is the appropriate description

As additional languages are added, more prefixes and descriptions can be
added. So in the future we could add :

For Italian, the period from WWW to UUU
// or whatever is the appropriate description

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*
*
*