Descriptions for Volapük variants

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jan 9 18:36:28 CET 2012

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> Since the names "Volapük rigik" and "Volapük nulik" were given first
> by Michael, and used in the e-mail subject lines, I'm not sure why
> 'jleyer' and 'dejong' would be considered better subtag values than
> 'rigik' and 'nulik'.  I'm sure there are perfectly good reasons.

The names of Schleyer and De Jong are far better known in connection
with the two dialects than their Volapuk descriptions are.  In fact,
I would propose 'schleyer' rather than 'jleyer' for even more readability.

--
You're a brave man! Go and break through the            John Cowan
lines, and remember while you're out there              cowan at ccil.org
risking life and limb through shot and shell,           http://ccil.org/~cowan
we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are!
        --Rufus T. Firefly