gender voice variants

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 06:39:57 CET 2012

Lest it creates a confusion: Slavic languages
actually have three "classes" of entities
(genera? In Russian the singular for this is
"род"). Every *use* of noun, pronoun, adjective
and verb in a text (written or spoken) falls
into one of these "classes".

*Each* noun or pronoun have forms ("may be
actually used") in all of the classes, or only
in some of those. The forms of adjectives and
verbs follow the forms of the objects these
relate to ("ruling/controlling word").

All said, Slavic languages do not have "gender
speech" or similars. The closest thing is the
(universal?) notion of "style of text/speech"
("стиль текста/речи"), which essentially
pertains to the set of words, phrases and
concepts being used ("scientific style",
"publicistic style" etc.)

-Yury