gender voice variants

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 19 23:10:56 CET 2012

Per my other posts, while the notion of grammatical gender can be more complex in languages such as Luganda (Bantu languages are prime examples of such complexity), I think these distinctions can be ruled as out of scope for language tags since I don't think there's a good use case for capturing grammatical gender distinctions in language tags.

IMO, all that would ever be needed in relation to gender (if we agreed on capturing via variant subtags) would be (say) "gendmale", "gendfem" and maybe (but not necessarily) "gendneut".

Peter