Review period; Nepali and Oriya

Gordon P. Hemsley gphemsley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 22:07:05 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org> wrote:
> Since we haven't seen any support for creating extlangs for the
> languages encompassed by Nepali and Oriya, I suggest not creating them.
> Instead, I suggest adding a brief Comments field to the records for 'ne'
> and 'or', on the off chance that someone really does (or did) want to
> use them for the minority languages.
>
> Please send comments on these Comments to the list. Formal records and
> registration forms will follow.
>

> Type: language
> Subtag: ne
> Comments: see also dty
>

> Type: language
> Subtag: or
> Comments: see also spv

Just to clarify: These records will have "Scope: macrolanguage",
right? And the descriptions will be changed to include
"(macrolanguage)"?

As for the comments, you are only mentioning the subtag that was
formerly represented by this subtag, but not the one which now
represents the individual language?

--
Gordon P. Hemsley
me at gphemsley.org