ekl - Kol (Bangladesh)

Gordon P. Hemsley gphemsley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:16:54 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org> wrote:
> ekl - Kol (Bangladesh)
>
> This new name for an existing code element (originally "Kol") was added
> as the Reference Name in the June 14 file. Other languages named "Kol"
> exist — 'biw' for "Kol (Cameroon)" and 'kol' for "Kol (Papua New
> Guinea)" — but this was the only one called just "Kol." The Web page
> shows "Kol" listed first, but the tab files (which are normative) show
> that "Kol (Bangladesh)" is now the Reference Name. I suggest that we add
> this new name to the subtag record for 'ekl' as the first Description
> field, but also keep plain "Kol" since it is still in the Names Index.

Is the bare "Kol" still listed in the tab files?

It seems to me to not be a good idea to list the bare "Kol" as a
secondary description for "Kol (Bangladesh)" simply because of a
mistake. It would be unfair to the other languages named "Kol", and
would be duplicate information for no useful gain, IMO.

Regards,
Gordon

--
Gordon P. Hemsley