Applying for a Neo Subtag

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Mar 7 20:09:55 CET 2011

Mark Davis â?? (sıÊ?É?p Ê?ɹÉ?ɯ) scripsit:

> Unfortunate that so many of the artificial languages chose to use
> inflections and gender; if you're going to go to all the bother of
> inventing an artificial language, you might as well get rid of that
> baggage as well.

Inflection, particles, word order: you can't ditch them all.  Esperanto
goes for inflection for conversion, TAM and noun case, particles for
everything else, leaving word order for pragmatic relationships.

I don't know of any auxlang with grammatical gender.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos          --Lithuanian proverb