Language subtag registration for acor1990 (ammended from ao1990)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Aug 26 16:03:30 CEST 2011

Philip Newton <philip dot newton at gmail dot com> wrote:

> For German, yes: the subtag "1996" refers to "German orthography of
> 1996". The pre-1996 orthography has the subtag "1901", with a current
> description of "Traditional German orthography".
>
> I'm not sure where the discussion that led to this subtag, or the
> submission record for the subtag, are archived, though.

Start at
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2002-February/000001.html
.  Note that this was during the RFC 3066 era, when whole tags were
registered rather than variant subtags, so there was no potential
confusion about the year being used with the "wrong" language.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­