Language subtag registration for acor1990 (ammended from ao1990)

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Thu Aug 25 17:47:00 CEST 2011

Em 25-08-2011 15:48, António H F P A Emiliano (FCSH/UNL) escreveu:

> I think this is the most simple (and less problematic) procedure .
>
> pre1911 - Traditional Portuguese orthography (late 18th century to
> early 20th century)
> 1911 - Portuguese orthography of 1911
> 1945 - Portuguese orthography of 1945 (Convenção Ortográfica
> Luso-Brasileira, 1945)
> 1990 - Portuguese orthography of 1990 (Acordo Ortográfico da Língua
> Portuguesa, 1990) -->
> --> alternatives: 1991 (ratification), 2008 (transitional
> enforcement), 2014 (full enforcement?)

Why did you choose to leave the 1931 agreement implemented in 1940 in
Portugal ainda in 1943 in Brazil out?
> The meaning for the dates must be clarified.
> Earlier periods should be considered: pre1214, 1214, 1255, 1536, 15th
> century,  ...
> Regional variants should also be encoded in subtags: at least one for
> each the signatories of the Treaty of 1990.
> Differences between Portuguese and Brazilian are huge (they're
> different languages functionally and for all linguistic purposes no
> matter how they are written).
I'm going for the first publication year. We're free to chose a meaning
for the dates as there is no defined meaning in the RFC.

Cheers,
João Miguel Neves

PS: I'm only interested in having the two latest orthographies
registered. If you need the others, feel free to propose them.