Language subtag registration for acor1990 (ammended from ao1990)

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Thu Aug 25 11:52:03 CEST 2011

Em 24-08-2011 20:48, Philip Newton escreveu:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 20:04, Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org> wrote:
>> Maybe 'pt1971' and 'pt1990' are what are needed.
> So you'd have "pt-pt1971" as the combined tag? That seems a bit...
> redundant, somehow. Though I admit it *would* make it easier to find
> the right subtag and to associate the subtag with the right idea.
>
> Cheers,
> Philip
Am I wrong to assume that anyone looking for a variant to a language
starts by limiting herself to the language tag? Because if easy to find
a variant in the registry without looking for the language tag is a
requirement, current implementation fails miserably in my short
experience with it.

Cheers,
João Miguel Neves