Variant subtag request: iso91995

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sun Sep 19 05:23:54 CEST 2010

"Martin J. Dürst" <duerst at it dot aoyama dot ac dot jp> wrote:

> If you think it's a good idea, it's very easy to start such a thing:
> write an Internet Draft. That's how Mark and his coauthors did it.

Except that people on this list have already said it's not as good an
idea as assigning variants for transliterations and romanizations and
phonetic alphabets, one at a time and non-systematically, and
consequently we have registered seven of them which would presumably
have to be deprecated.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­