suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Oct 20 22:06:18 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:

> There are easily thousands of the 7000+ languages for
> which it would not be "too hard to find info".

I doubt if more than 700 or so exist in written form at all (as
opposed to scholarly transcriptions).  Omniglot, whose list is
certainly not complete, gives 487.  Still, even that would be a big
job.

> You'd better make this case to the LTRU. I don't think it's
> the general consensus view.

For the record, LTRU is "concluded"; it no longer exists as an IETF
WG.  The mailing list survives in case LTRU needs to be recreated (for
example, if there is a desire to incorporate 639-6).  However, nothing
has been posted to it since last December except a few "forwards".