Subtag request for Biscayan.

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Mar 31 14:57:57 CEST 2010

Bittor Laskurain <bittor at eleka dot net> wrote:

> As Michael Everson says there are other dialects of Basque. However
> our current concern is limited to Biscayan because even though we have
> found some demand for tagging text and documents as Biscayan, we have
> found none for the other dialects. Nevertheless we wouldn't rule out
> requesting tags for other dialects in the future. I hope this is not
> problematic.

There is no requirement to register subtags for all such dialects at
once, and no reason we couldn't register others later if the need
arises.  It was reasonable for Michael to ask, though.

Below is the proposed record corresponding to Bittor's registration
form.  The dates assume that the review period began Monday.

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2010-04-13
%%
Type: variant