[Ltru] [Fwd: Re: [TC46-L] [OLD-IRISH-L] An official, language code for Primitive Irish]

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jan 21 17:06:19 CET 2010

Marion Gunn scripsit:
> Dropping your list (LTRU) from the cc: now, Randy, although, once the
> new code is accepted, it will automatically become an LTRU to get it
> into LT usage, which is why I copied LTRU, as a matter of
> courtesy/protocol (or that is my understanding, FWIW).

ltru at ietf.org is for discussing changes to the _scheme_ of tagging; no
such changes are under consideration.  Ietf-languages at iana.org is for
discussing individual subtags.  But the one and only appropriate method
of proposing a new 639-3 code element for Primitive Irish is to fill out
the form at http://sil.org/iso639-3/ISO639-3_NewCodeRequestForm.doc and
mail it as an attachment to iso639-3 at sil.org.

Assuming all goes well, approximately a year from now the ISO 639-3
Registration Authority will approve the form along with the other
well-founded requests made during 2010 and allocate the new code.
Ietf-languages at iana.org will then discuss it pro forma, and it will be
added by IANA to the Language Subtag Registry.

--
Dream projects long deferred             John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>
usually bite the wax tadpole.            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan