hognorsk

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Jan 15 06:23:08 CET 2010

"Phillips, Addison" <addison at amazon dot com> wrote:

> Personally, I found it preferable when you copied this list on your
> submissions to IANA. That way there was a record of what was approved
> and any clerical errors would be more likely to be caught. Once in the
> registry, we might need to have Yet Another Round Of Requests to fix
> it. With this announcement, I'm not quite sure which record you've
> approved.

In the general case, it probably wouldn't hurt to reiterate the record
and registration form being submitted.  But I note that there is no
requirement to do this, and there are quite a few requirements specified
for the Reviewer or designee.

In the specific case of 'hognorsk', Thorgeir Holm posted two
registration forms, one with the subtag value 'hgnor' on December 20 and
a second with the value revised to 'hognorsk' on December 26; this
latter was submitted:

http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2009-December/009836.html

The only record was posted by me on December 26:

http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2009-December/009838.html

These two pieces were submitted as is to IANA, for anyone who would like
to verify them.  It is a requirement that the exact record and
registration form be posted to the list at least one week before
submission, which is what happened.

On a related note, did the ietf-languages-announcements @ iana.org
mailing list, required by Section 5.1, ever get created?  If not, what
needs to be done to make this happen?

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­