Re: Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Jan 8 04:16:12 CET 2010

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> I interpreted something that was said as if there were opening for
> comments in the registry. But other voices did not agree with this.
> And regardless, as of now, you are right that I am happy to accept
> "prefix: nn" as the only usage recommendation.

Of course there is room for comments in the Registry.  There are 24
records with Comments fields at present.  But adding a comment telling
people what *not* to do is what met with resistance, and it was proven
repeatedly that anyone who knows a thing about Norwegian would already
know not to write "nb-hognorsk".

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­