RE: Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 4 20:16:16 CET 2010

Scanian was listed in Ethnologue 15 as a separate language. I recall this particular language since it was one of the few languages on which there were specific national body comments on ISO/DIS 639-3: the Swedish NB explicitly asked for it to be removed from the draft code table. IIRC, the judgment of the Ethnologue staff to include it as a distinct language was based on evidence provided by a Swedish linguist (not some "skanes_kung"); I've forgotten that linguist's name now.

Peter