Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety ofNorwegian

Leif Halvard Silli xn--mlform-iua at xn--mlform-iua.no
Sun Jan 3 21:54:10 CET 2010

Michael Everson, Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:14:28 +0000:
> I don't think this standard is supposed to solve the vendor problems
> you have.

This standard does mention vendor problems through the fact that it
makes it clear that you may have to use 'zh' instead of more preferred
tagging, for compatibility reasons.

> It is up to Norway and Norwegian users to convince vendors to change
> their tagging habits, I guess. You DO have Noregs Mållag and
> Språkrådet. If you mobilized those organizations to get on to Apple
> (or anyone else) to deal with the problem of no/nb.
>
> I think we should encode hognorsk with the recommended prefix nn-

OK. I guess I cave in and accept what Thorgeir has already accepted.
--
leif halvard silli