ISO 639-3 changes: Latvian and Bontok

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Fri Feb 19 16:31:42 CET 2010

You sometimes refer to "lav". I think that reference should be to "lv"
or to "lav/lv".

===========

Re. "bnc":

> This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
> 2010-01-20, renaming 'bnc' from Central Bontoc to Bontok and
> reclassifying it as a macrolanguage encompassing 'rbk' (Northern Bontok),
> 'lbk' (Central Bontok), 'vbk' (Southwestern Bontok), 'obk' (Southern Bontok),
> and 'ebk' (Eastern Bontok), the last two split from 'bkb' (Finallig).

"Central Bontok proper" or some such clarification is needed here (as
for some other cases handled before); the change from "c" to "k" is not
sufficient for this. Similarly for the registration data for "lbk".

    /kent k