Reminder: Ulster Scots

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Fri Apr 2 11:01:53 CEST 2010

Den 2010-04-02 10.33, skrev "Michael Everson" <everson at evertype.com>:

> I don't see a need for a two-week extension; I agree with Mark and Doug that
> the originally-proposed "ulster" does the job required.

Still, the request needs to be amended as you accepted the suggestion that
the tag would be for the Ulster dialect (for which there now is an "accepted
norm" for the orthography).

I would suggest:

>This variant subtag is used to identify the Ulster Scots orthography.

This variant subtag is used to identify the Ulster Scots dialect. For
written content, this dialect now has an accepted orthography different
from that used for other Scots dialects.

(Or similar.)

According to the requirements of section 3.5 of RFC 5646 this amendment
will require a one-week extension:

"If modifications are made to the request
   during the course of the registration process (such as corrections to
   meet the requirements in Section 3.1
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5646#section-3.1>  or to make the
'Description'
   fields unique for the given record type), the modified form MUST also
   be sent to <ietf-languages at iana.org> at least one week prior to
   submission to IANA."

As this modification goes beyond formatting and typo fixes, I think the
above applies (after you have published an amendment to the list).

    /kent k