Subtag request for Biscayan.

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 2 04:34:37 CEST 2010

Seems reasonable to me.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Doug Ewell
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:58 AM
To: ietf-languages at iana.org
Subject: Re: Subtag request for Biscayan.

Bittor Laskurain <bittor at eleka dot net> wrote:

> As Michael Everson says there are other dialects of Basque. However
> our current concern is limited to Biscayan because even though we have
> found some demand for tagging text and documents as Biscayan, we have
> found none for the other dialects. Nevertheless we wouldn't rule out
> requesting tags for other dialects in the future. I hope this is not
> problematic.

There is no requirement to register subtags for all such dialects at once, and no reason we couldn't register others later if the need arises.  It was reasonable for Michael to ask, though.

Below is the proposed record corresponding to Bittor's registration form.  The dates assume that the review period began Monday.

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2010-04-13
%%
Type: variant