Machine Translation

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sun Sep 13 00:16:43 CEST 2009

Such a debate should be focused on particular usage scenarios. The scenario Debbie described, _if_ we think it useful for BCP 47 tags, could warrant a variant subtag but not an extension. Scenarios involving detailed systems for quality rating, _if_ we think it useful for BCP 47 tags, could warrant an extension but would make less sense for variant subtags.

Peter