Machine Translation

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Fri Sep 11 20:01:45 CEST 2009

What you say is correct for a (single) variant subtag, as initially
suggested, but extension subtags
work differently. See http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc5646#section-2.2.6.
Data like that you refer
to can be put in the part that follows the extention "singleton".

Note also that section 2.2.6 starts:
"Extensions provide a mechanism for extending language tags for use in
   various applications.  They are intended to identify information that
   is commonly used in association with languages or language tags but
   that is not part of language identification.
"

        /kent k