Revised request: Japanese transliteration variants

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Sep 5 19:34:27 CEST 2009

Randy Presuhn scripsit:
> I think we had ample demonstration in the difficulty this list encountered
> in figuring out whether the registration request was for a specific variety
> of Hepburn or for a "blanket" covering all of them.

Not that much difficulty.  The original request was specifically for one
flavor, on its face.  Discussion clarified that representing all flavors
with one tag was just as useful, and the appropriate change was made.

--
You're a brave man! Go and break through the            John Cowan
lines, and remember while you're out there              cowan at ccil.org
risking life and limb through shot and shell,           http://ccil.org/~cowan
we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are!
        --Rufus T. Firefly