Revised request: Japanese transliteration variants

Frank Bennett biercenator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:53:01 CEST 2009

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback on the Hepburn proposal.
It looks as though the final revisions needed are now clear, but I'll
wait another day for any further comments to come in before breaking
the third revised proposal out into three separate submissions,
incorporating the suggestions received.

I think there is agreement that the "Revised Hepburn" in the
description should be changed to simply "Hepburn".  I'm certainly
happy with that.

If there are further issues, or if I should be careful about
formatting or structure in the final submission, please let me know
(for example, I was not certain whether the supporting material should
be registered as a "comment", but opted to place it under a
"Description" heading outside of the tag definition proper, to reduce
bulk).

Many thanks again for everyone's feedback.  This one has I think been
shaken down into a form that will make good sense to developers and
users who cross paths with it down the road.

Frank Bennett