Variant request: Japanese modified Hepburn

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Tue Sep 1 06:34:06 CEST 2009

> In any case, there's certainly no ban on registering just a single
> variant subtag, anyway; the others can be registered later as
> needed.

Nor would I imply that there is one. The question, left to the requester, is whether a variant is needed in this case. Typically-but-not-exclusively a variant is in contrast to something (a predominant variety or another variation). I don't oppose registering this value. I merely questioned whether it was necessary given the use case cited.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.