Reminder: ISO 639-3 changes are coming

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Sat Nov 14 16:38:29 CET 2009

For those who don't follow the link, it is an invented (and not even
finished) language. There are many bizarre invented languages: see In the
Land of Invented Languages, http://www.amazon.com/Arika-Okrent/e/B001JRZE68

I don't know what the JAC's policy is. It is reasonable to have identifiers
for those artificial languages that actually end up having some reasonable
number of fluent speaker/writers, such as Esperanto and Klingon (which we
already have ids for). Those that end up on the dust heap, with few but the
inventor reaching fluency, are not worth it (and otherwise the namespace
would end up being polluted by well-meaning crackpots).

Mark