De jure standards for international law on commerce. Last call forISO 15924-based updates

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 18:55:57 CET 2009

Gerard Wrote:

> The question is not what is your or my personal opinion, but
> what does the position of international law today in force !

This is the IETF-languages forum and not an international court of law, the
UN or ISO.

We take the ISO standards and incorporate them as is within the LSR which
RFC4646 and BCP47 rely upon.  We do not cherry pick.  We sometimes add a
comment to enable users to better understand the meaning of a code element
when we feel it may be considered ambiguous.  Our personal opinions matter
as it is only our personal opinions that are taken into account when a
consensus opinion is sought.

Best regards

Debbie