Last call for ISO 15924-based updates

Lang Gérard gerard.lang at insee.fr
Thu Mar 12 17:39:24 CET 2009

According to the GENUNG's Glossary (2002) "diacritic" (french "signe diacritique) is:
"A sign, usually small, placed above, below or across a letter or group of letters in order to change the phonemic value of the original letter(s), or to denote stress or tone, or to distinguish between two words".
So, I do not see how it could be possible to "tag diacritics only" without any reference to the "diacriticised letter(s)".
Maybe I do not understand, but I would like an explanation.
Cordialement.
Gérard LANG