Valencian Language Tag registration request

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:38:22 CEST 2009

 John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Jun 17 18:16:42 CEST 2009

> CE Whitehead scripsit:

>> Hi!  My main question at this point is whether or not we need a matching
>> variant subtag for the variety of this language spoken in Catalona (so
>> as not to have it appear that Valencian is a sub-dialect of Catalan,
>> but instead to treat these as two equal dialects/variants, with none
>> being the default dialect/variant).

>If you think such a thing is necessary, propose it so we can discuss
>it properly.
Well, I have much to do on the internet at the moment but maybe in the future if no one else wants to propose such a variant subtag in the interim.However it's been a while since I've given "Primer curso de Catalan" so much as a cursory glance; I think I remember well the opening sentence,"Eloi es un xicot molt cort", but that is all (and I'm not sure now that I've got it right!).  I know Occitan better alas . . . And I tend to agree with Peter that this second variant subtag might not solve the problem (but still it would give things balance).>> To me these are both dialects related to Occitan but these have picked

Thanks for info. Best,C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com