Proposed new records and reg forms for ISO 15924 changes

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sat Jul 4 21:26:43 CEST 2009

John Cowan  <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> Presumably this will have to be redone after IANA refreshes the
> registry from 4645bis (which has been approved, although not yet
> published).  Should we sit on it for a while?

If we sit on these, do we risk running afoul of the requirement in
Section 3.3 that the Reviewer must add these "in a timely manner"?  We
have no idea how long the RFC Editor will take to publish the revised
spec.

Note that the existing Registry already has 6 new and/or changed script
subtags (Lana, Lisu, Nkgb, Plrd, Tglg, Zinh), added in March and April,
but not present in draft-4645bis, which was submitted in February.  I
suggested adding these changes to the draft during AUTH48, along with
any others that may occur before publication (such as the present
batch), but was told by the co-chairs that this would not be appropriate
and they should be added as I have suggested here.

I have no problem with waiting on these 3 new changes and any subsequent
ones, and limiting the special cases to the 6 listed above, but I want
to make sure nobody is going to cry "process failure" if we do.

http://www.ewellic.org