Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Feb 23 15:17:26 CET 2009

(cross-posted this one time only, since there are items of interest for
both groups)

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> No, the issue (#22 on the ltru tracker) is whether to revert a change
> made to the 4645bis draft.  The consensus here is clearly to *not* do
> so.  The question some seem to be raising here is whether to start
> adding comments for these cases where we are simply following the
> 4646bis procedures for Preferred-value.  I'd rather *not* go there,
> unless someone specifically makes a request to do so on the ltru list.

They already have.  John Cowan requested this comment on LTRU on January
31, and at least three other participants expressed support on LTRU.

But regardless, I will remove the Preferred-Value from "YU" in draft-10
(same as in draft-09), and per the co-chair's request I will *not* add
the Comments field in draft-10.  The Reviewer and ietf-languages list
are welcome to consider adding the comment after the new draft is
published.

Please send any responses about the Preferred-Value to LTRU, and about
the Comments field to ietf-languages.

http://www.ewellic.org