Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

Thorgeir Holm thorgeirholm at yahoo.no
Mon Dec 28 12:37:30 CET 2009

<hermer Michael Everson frå 28.12.2009 12:18>
> So the question is, is there a need to differentiate 1929-1938 Nynorsk/Landsmål from post-1938 Nynorsk in addition to the Høgnorsk you have requested Thorgeir?

No, all that changed in 1929 was the name. The question would be: how
should we handle 'nn' before 1938, when the Høgnorsk spelling was (more
or less) official? I.e., "new Nynorsk" takes over the 'nn' primacy,
whereas 'nn-hognorsk' is the /lingustic/ continuation of pre-1938 'nn' ...

Thorgeir