A stake in the ground

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 5 02:15:13 CET 2009

Hi -

BCP 47 doesn't preclude such usage.  It would, however, require
such changes to be carefully coordinated so that the "all or none"
conditions are met.  Because ltru decided that some, but by no means
all, macrolanguages were of potential utility as prefeixes in extlang
records, this group is left evaluating these on a case-by-case basis.
As in the case of ltru, "legacy" practices will need to be a significant
consideration.  And yes, I think questions like Michael's regarding
the actual extent of such usage are very relevant.

Randy