Adding variant subtag 'erzgeb' for Erzgebirgisch (was: Requeststhathave been on hold)

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 11 19:35:54 CEST 2009

Hi -

I do not see how 'gem' would be preferable as a prefix for purposes of matching.
"Remove from right" fallback would be extraordinarily unlikely to yield useful results
with 'gem' as a prefix.  Even 'de' (or perhaps even 'en') as a prefix would provide
more *pragmatically* useful results.  :-)  The collection codes really only make sense
in cases where one knows that something is in one of a set of languages, but lacks
the expert knowledge to determine precisely which one.  That's not the case here,
where the question is rather one of how to label something which *has* been identified.

Randy