Requests that have been on hold

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sun Aug 9 07:26:13 CEST 2009

Now that we have access to the full RFC 4646bis Registry, with its ISO
639-3-based subtags, it's probably a good time to go back and review the
various proposals that have been discussed, but put on hold until the
new Registry took effect.

This would include at least the following proposals:

1. Adding variant subtag 'erzgeb' for Erzgebirgisch, originally with a
Prefix of "de" or "gem" or "sxu", or most recently "vmf", depending on
when the proposal was discussed.  Proposed by Thomas Goldammer in
January 2008 and brought up several times since then.

2. Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka' for dialects
of Aukan, also known as Djuka, with a Prefix of "djk".  Proposed by
Pascal Vaillant on January 23, 2009.

3. Removing the Deprecated status from language subtag 'sh'.  Proposed
by Mark Davis on June 28, 2009.

There may be others that my search didn't turn up.

Please see the ietf-languages archives for detailed discussions of these
proposals.  I bring these up to remind the list and to facilitate
discussion, not necessarily as an argument for or against any of them.

http://www.ewellic.org