[Ltru] How to handle macrolanguage when no code?

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Thu Apr 9 02:53:05 CEST 2009

HTML certainly allows you to declare that some content is applicable to more than one language audience. See:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-lang/#ri20040728.121358444

Otherwise, John Cowan’s advice seems appropriate… ISO 639-3 or ISO 639-5 would be your next stop. Note that macrolanguages are sometimes problematical, so you might also consider a collection code instead.

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.